Sunday, December 5, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

I was feeling kinda blue about Heather not being here this year to help me decorate for Christmas. Then she & Jeff said they would come over the Saturday after Thanksgiving and help. Yahoo! At the appointed moment, Philip & Abby also arrived. I have NEVER had that much help! We did it all in 2.5 hours- a record!!
Here Heather is holding a goofy angel she made when she was in Jr. High.
Abby put together our old-fashioned angel chimes,
which I had not used in years-so special!
Lovely!
They all brought in the 24 boxes from the garage attic.
Here we are putting together our 20-year-old tree.

Aw yes, and the angel goes on top!
Thanks kids for helping us!
I so enjoy having our home decorated for a whole month!
I'm gong to invite our neighbors over for cider &
to see our nativity sets (we have over 30 now).

4 comments:

Erin said...

That's really sweet that they could all come and help you!

Unknown said...

Yea! Not a lonely event at all! That looks really fun and cozy...

Grandma Seelye said...

Wow! You have FOUR very thoughtful children!! (and they are our grandkids):)

Robin said...

Oh, it looks like a party! I'm so glad you got all that help, and what fun, too! We might do ours this weekend, while we have Anders here...