Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Bounty

Our peach tree is loaded with small but juicy & sweet white peaches--yum!
My first loaf of bread-ever, I think! I'm making bread according to the book, "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day." It's so easy, no kneading. One batch makes 4-5 loaves which you keep refrigerated up to 10 days. Whenever you want to bake a loaf, you cut off some dough and pop it in the oven. I highly recommend it!
I inscribed this one with a "K" for Kirk.
This is a sample of 100% whole wheat & flaxseed bread.

4 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Home made bread! Way to go, Gretchen! I'm impressed! And the peaches are amazing... sigh. But we do have amazing mangos!

Grandma Seelye said...

I'm impressed too! I may have to try that.

Abigail Joy Stevens said...

Beautiful pictures Gretchen. Isn't summer great?

Robin - Mom said...

Wow! Homemade bread. Good job!... these are great pictures. :-)