Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I earned 6 new units!

As most of you know, I'm going back to school to finally earn by Bachelors in teaching and religion from Liberty University online. I am really enjoying the process. I wasn't sure I could still write a college level paper but I have and I am doing well. I decided to challenge the Teacher Pracitum course by showing proof of 20 years of teaching experience, plus numerous courses in the area of Special Needs. I had to write my autobiography, which was an interesting process. Well, I heard today that I met the challenge and received 6 units that I now don't have to take! Yahoo!

6 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Bravo! I never had any doubts that you would get those credits! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

That's great! Six units is a lot of time and work, so good for you!

Erin said...

That's wonderful! You definitely have more practical knowledge on that than people probably would even after taking those classes!

Robin said...

Hooray! Good job. Fun to have to think through an autobiography. And it's amazing you were able to document all those years of teaching! Are you a good record keeper, or what?

Anonymous said...

Do we have bionic girls, or what? Think of Gretchen getting a BA when she is only years old!! All three of you got going in other things early, but all you lack now is the degrees. You ahve the experience and knowledge. Thumbs up under my suspenders!! (called bragging)

Poppa

Great Aunt Gretchen said...

Thanks to you all for your encouragement! Monday I start my 22nd year of teaching, and I still LOVE it! :-)
GS