Thursday, December 20, 2007

Losing Inches :-)

I went back to my endocrinologist and found out that I am "insulin resistant" like 50% of Americans over 40. We have an "insulin meter" (fat around our waist) to prove it. The nurse there put me on a 1200 calorie a day diet! It's not enough!! But, I AM making lots of good choices. I have to write down every bite I eat. I should be making a list of all the things I'm NOT eating! Anyway, I wore a pair of pants today that fit now. :-) I've noticed that I'm losing fat.
I go back in January to have another BIA test. This monitors my fat vs. muscle ratio. I am trying to lose fat and not muscle. I am amazed that eating carbs make you want to eat more carbs. The days that I have NO carbs, then the rest of the day I don't even think about them. I'm eating good carbs (brown rice, whole grain bread, wheat pasta) greens, etc. and am feeling better.
It looks like I AM going to get my thyroid re-zapped in February. My last radioactive treatment (Nov. 2006) wasn't enough (16 millicuries). This time, it will be more powerful and will hopefully knock out my thyroid completely. We'll see.

No comments: