Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'm going back to school!

As most of you know, I never finished by college degree. I had always wanted to be a teacher and I was trained by Mae Carden herself to be a Carden teacher. I began teaching at age 18! I'm now starting my 21st year of teaching with 17 years in between owning Stampourri! inc. When parents or others ask me about me about my degrees (it comes up often in a school setting) I have to explain my Carden training, blah, blah, blah. My one regret is that I didn't get my degree years ago. Sooooo, that is the background for my new challenge.
I'm going to be "going to Liberty University" online. It's a lot less expensive than Hope International, Biola or APU. I am going to get the Multi-disciplinary degree which amounts to 3 mini degrees of 15 units each plus a lot of general ed. :0(. Each class lasts 8 weeks. Hopefully I'll fly back to Virgina to walk in the graduation wearing the Seelye family gown. We'll see. It should take 3 years!! yikes! I'm not much of a computer person, I prefer classroom interaction, but I'll try it and see. My first class begins on October 22.

4 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Hey, that's really exciting! Maybe we will be in the same graduating class! I am thinking maybe the class of 2010...

I am sure that you will quickly become very computer literate, as all you really need is a reason to know that stuff. After all, you've now got a blog! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Though I've heard you talk, now it is happening. But what about me? Went to FJC, Whittier College, Biola and then audited clasdses at Talbot. But not enough for a degree. Hmm, have to talk to mom about this one.
We will be right ehind you in prayer and suport.
Poppa of three

Unknown said...

Aunt Gretchen, I think this is great! I'm sure it will feel so good to get your degree, and the process itself will be a good one. Wonderful!

Erin said...

Hi Aunt G! It's great to see you are in the blogging world now! I am so happy for you to get your degree finally. It's great that you're really going for it, instead of just being sorry you didn't! :)